In this Episode of Startup project, Nataraj talked to Sajid Rahman, Founder of My Asia VC.
For any one who invests on Angellist will have seen a investment opportunity from MyAsiaVC. It is probably the most active Angel List syndicate.
Sajid is the operator-investor who is behind MyAsiaVC who invested in 1000+ Startups with 40+ Exits. His portfolio companies span all geographical regions including North America, Europe, Asia, Africa and Latam.
Sajid took scaling as a solo capitalist to the next level. His decision making in unique to most investors and has scaled his investing across the globe with a very small team, which is extremely impressive.
Full conversation includes:
- Transition from Banking to Angel Investing
- Solving the cold start problem
- Best way to start leading investments in 2021
- Graduating from a syndicate to fund
- Thought process behind Investing in different stages
- Thesis for the new late stage fund
- Why he thinks startup investing is not risky
- Decisions making style
- Trends he is looking forward in next couple of years.
If you like this episode, you might also enjoy the conversation with web3 critique Liron, long time business journalist Todd Bishop or Angel Investor Sajid Rahman.