In this Episode of Startup project, Nataraj talked to Sajid Rahman, Founder of My Asia VC.
For any one who invests on Angellist will have seen a investment opportunity from MyAsiaVC. It is probably the most active Angel List syndicate.
Sajid is the operator-investor who is behind MyAsiaVC who invested in 1000+ Startups with 40+ Exits. His portfolio companies span all geographical regions including North America, Europe, Asia, Africa and Latam.
Sajid took scaling as a solo capitalist to the next level. His decision making in unique to most investors and has scaled his investing across the globe with a very small team, which is extremely impressive.
Full conversation includes:
- Transition from Banking to Angel Investing
- Solving the cold start problem
- Best way to start leading investments in 2021
- Graduating from a syndicate to fund
- Thought process behind Investing in different stages
- Thesis for the new late stage fund
- Why he thinks startup investing is not risky
- Decisions making style
- Trends he is looking forward in next couple of years.
If you like listening to this episode and are looking for more interesting podcasts to listen to here are top 5 business podcasts we recommend.
If you like this episode, you might also enjoy the conversation with web3 critique Liron, long time business journalist Todd Bishop or Angel Investor Sajid Rahman.