In this Episode of Startup project, Nataraj talked to Ali Jamal, Founder of First Cheque Ventures.
Ali’s path from Stanford to venture is unique. From working in large Latin American startups his exposure to different markets makes him unique in the pool of solo angel investors.
Prior to starting First Cheque Ventures, Ali was at companies like RockYou, Agoda & Rappi in growth and marketing roles.
Full conversation includes:
- Career in Growth and data analytics
- Early Angel investing
- Transition from Angel Investing to founding first check ventures
- YC MFN clause
- Strategy behind the growth of First Check Ventures
- Building unique deal flow
- Investing in LATAM, Asia & Africa
If you like this episode, you might also enjoy the conversation with web3 critique Liron, long time business journalist Todd Bishop or Angel Investor Sajid Rahman.