Consumerism is at the core of what we are in the society. Everything revolves around what can one consume. Be it a car, new clothes, watches or anything.
This framework is in the context of creation, creating new things.
If you are looking to create new things this might help you think & align your consumption so that it drives your creation.
Here is the framework:
- If you want to create a podcast, listen to podcasts. Not just
one or two podcasts but a crazy amount of them for a good amount
of time. Not just the famous podcasts but the niche ones too.
- If you want to write a book, first read a lot of books.
Another way to think about this is:
What do I consume a lot, that I can create?
- Say you consume a lot of TikTok, instead of just scrolling start making them
- If you are scrolling consuming a lot of redfin, get a real estate
license (yes there are ton of people who scroll redfin with out an
intention to make a purchase.)
- If you read a lot of books, then may be you can write one.
This framework is just about taking what you are consuming which is like a life credit to convert into a life debit.
Its about flipping what time, money, brain power you spend on others benefit, to your own benefit. Instead of sending time, money & brain power to someone’s account you use it create something that will attract time, money & engagement from others.
For more interesting frameworks, follow @natarajsindam